Thursday, April 13, 2006

Blogging Potpourri

I'm linking to several blogs today that I've been remiss in mentioning lately:

ExPat Brian gives us a glimpse of how much easier it is to file income tax in Singapore.
I just did my 2005 taxes. That involved logging on to the government tax site, entering my ID, filling in the amount I made and hitting the Submit button. The entire process took about a minute. Took me longer than that to boot up my pc. Two weeks later... I received my tax bill for last year. As I had already calculated, it was a whopping 2.3%! (chuckle chuckle) Oops, sorry.
Yeah, I'm sorry too, sorry the tax code is so darn complicated (another Bush campaign promise unfulfilled).

If filing your income tax has reduced you to tears, turn to The Impolitic for a few laughs. Libby has a great post with lots of funny bumper stickers. These are my favorites:

ANNOY A CONSERVATIVE; THINK FOR YOURSELF
STOP MAD COWBOY DISEASE

Laughter certainly helps relieve our anxiety, but as pissed off Patricia at Morning Martini reminds us, "Thirty five soldiers have been killed this month alone" and she has had "Enough Already".

Along the blogging highway, we all make friends - and enemies. Some friendly commenters have left me remarks and I'd like to share their names with everyone:

Kathleen Callon describes herself as an Independent voter on her blog Rhodian Attic. Where does that name come from? In Kathleen's words, "Rhodian and attic are two forms of rhetoric. Rhodian is defined as "middle of the road," and attic is defined as "plain and simple."'

Steven is a new father and he blogs at Gracious Rants. I love the title of his blog. The world would be so much nicer if we all used a little more graciousness as we ranted on the state of our world.

Michael Bains is from Cleveland, Ohio, which makes him a neighbor to me here in Michigan. He describes himself as a personally evolving organism on his blog Silly Humans. How true that is for all of us. We're never too old to grow or learn.

Finally, I wanted to point to a question Midwestern Progressive asked today:
Does anyone really believe that Bush was unaware that two days before he made his statement ("We have found the weapons of mass destruction.") that a "secret fact-finding mission to Iraq had already concluded that the trailers had nothing to do with biological weapons?"
Apparently so, as the poll Midwestern linked to indicates. What's the matter with these people? Do they all have "mad cowboy" disease? Sorry, I guess that wasn't very gracious of me.

2 comments:

Lily said...

Thanks for the great tips on what to read!! Some I know, like Kat at Rhodian Attic. Some I have seen around, as we say!!!

And I linked Silly Humans a few weeks ago, thanks for reminding me to get back there!!! Its hard to get around. Take care!

pissed off patricia said...

Thank you for the link to Morning Martini. There's always a free tab for you at the bar. :)