Thursday, November 24, 2005

Things I'm Thankful For

Ten things the shallow, lazy side of me is thankful for:

  1. Television remote control.
  2. Dishwasher (and all labor saving appliances).
  3. Air conditioning in the summer.
  4. Pizza delivered to the house.
  5. Chocolate.
  6. Cordless phones.
  7. Money for frivolous things I don’t need.
  8. Answering machines.
  9. Make-up – particularly mascara.
  10. Ice cream.

Ten things the better side of me is thankful for:

  1. God.
  2. Husband, children and family.
  3. Good friends.
  4. Health.
  5. Sound mind.
  6. Heat in the winter.
  7. Money for the things I need, i.e., food, shelter, clothing, medicine.
  8. Money to give away to the needy.
  9. Laughter, forgiveness, love, peace and all the best traits of mankind.
  10. Freedom.

Happy Thanksgiving. May you also have much to be thankful for.

4 comments:

Kevin McKague said...

I almost added the dishwasher to my list. I do wish, however, that the rest of my family would realize that the dishwasher is actually closer to the table than the sink, where their dirty dishes always end up.

Happy Thanksgiving Kathy!

Kathy said...

Thanks, Kevin. Your point about the dishwasher made me laugh. I had the same problem with my kids when they were little. The good news is that they finally learned how to rinse and stack like pros. Just hang in there.

Unknown said...

I hope you had a spectacular Thanksgiving, SSM!

I absolutely LOVE this most excellent of American holidays.

Kathy said...

Thanks, Midwestern. I did have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm glad to see you made it home safe and sound from sunny Florida.