Friday, November 18, 2005

Family Ties

I may not have time to blog anymore until Monday. My aunt is visiting us this weekend from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We affectionately call people from the U.P. "Yoopers" and tease them about their Canadian accent. Yoopers end every sentence with "eh," which is pronounced like the letter A.

Anyway, my aunt wants to visit my mother, who has Alzheimers and lives with my sister about an hour from me. It will be a bittersweet visit. My aunt is not getting any younger and has health issues, and my mom is much older and dealing with the Alzheimer's. My aunt feels this may be the last time they get to see each other in person and give each other a hug.

It's sad to contemplate a tomorrow without our loved ones, that's why we need to appreciate them and tell them we love them now while they're here, eh.

No comments: