Thursday, April 09, 2009

Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind

My apologies to Bob Marley for stealing a line from his song for my title, but it so perfectly fits how I feel. Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow and now Ed Schultz. They're like sunshine breaking through the fog. We've been fed misinformation from an industry dominated by conservative voices for far too long, and I feel like the dark clouds are finally starting to lift.

In case you're not familiar with him, Schultz has one of the top-rated progressive shows on radio, “The Ed Schultz Show,” which airs live weekdays from noon to 3 p.m. with a weekly audience of more than 3 million listeners on 100 stations across the country. He's an avid voice for the middle class and Ed is now on MSNBC. “The Ed Show” airs Monday through Friday from 6-7 p.m.

Yesterday, Schultz featured SEIU's Stephen Lerner to talk about the importance of employee free choice and Ed didn't hold back. He said he has an issue with centrist Democrats who aren't going to bat for the middle class. Me too.

Here's video from last night's show to give you a sense of Ed's tenacious style.

3 comments:

abi said...

Remove card-check and I'm all for EFCA.

Don't me mad at me, grandma. ;-)

Kevin McKague said...

Ed is great! I used to listen to him when I had satellite radio.

I can't wait until I-Tunes offers podcasts for the show like it does for the other MSNBC shows like Keith O and Rachel Maddow.

Kathy said...

Abi, grandma's are highly tolerant of young whippersnappers! ;-)

Actually, I read that a card-check compromise may be in the works, although I don't know any details. Life has been kinda of hectic lately and I'm out of the loop.

Kevin, what happened to your satellite radio? I thought it was a staple for you while you traveled cross-country.