Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Hiatus

I haven't taken an extended holiday vacation in case anyone wonders where I've been. My mother is in the hospital, so that's been taking up quite a bit of my time, and we've also had family visiting us. I guess that's Murphy's law, eh? Everything happens at once and never on schedule.

Anyway, the good news is that mom is on the mend. I'll be back as soon as my life regains a sense of normalcy.

UPDATE: My mother is out of the hospital now so I've been able to spend some time reading online. Thank you for all of your prayers and kind words. I'm hopeful mom will regain reasonably good health, but she's in her 80's and has Alzheimer's so we try not to worry about tomorrow and we thank God for having her with us today. I'm sure many of you can relate.

We've also experienced much stress because of the new Medicare D Rx plan. I'll try to get the information together and post more on it in the future, but for now I'll just tell you that my mom is spending more on her medications than she did last year - much, much more.

4 comments:

His Honor the Mayor said...

Yes, I have wondered where you've been.

Good to hear that your mom is doing better. We'll pray for her.

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going better. We'll be thinking of you.

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

Peace. Thinking of you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Sending good thoughts your way. I'm glad things are improving.